As a staff we are passionate about nurturing skill and talent here at Bridge Hall and like to give our children the opportunity to express themselves in as many ways as possible. We teach art throughout the school and the children's skill and expertise build throughout the time they are at Bridge Hall.
All children experience a wide range of techniques including Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Textile, Collage, Digital Media and Print.
Here are a few of the reasons why we think art is so important for our children and a fabulous way to spend some time-
- Fostering creativity won't just increase a child's chances of becoming the next Picasso. It;s also helping them develop mentally, socially, and emotionally.
- Creating art may boost young children's ability to analyse and problem-solve.
- As children manipulate a paintbrush or pencil, their fine motor skills improve.
- When children experiment with materials, they dabble in science.
- Most importantly, children feel good while they are creating, art helps boost self-confidence.
- Children who feel able to experiment and to make mistakes feel free to invent new ways of thinking and take risks which can extend well beyond the classroom.
Click below for more information on our curriculum...