I'm Mrs Paterson, the co-ordinator of art at Bridge Hall Primary School.
As a staff we are passionate about nurturing skill and talent here and like to give our children the opportunity to express themselves in as many ways as possible.
with creative arts in mind, we try to remember that:
"It's the Process, Not the Product."
Here are a few of the reasons why we think art is so important for our children and a fabulous way to spend some time-
- Fostering creativity won't just increase a child's chances of becoming the next Picasso. It;s also helping them develop mentally, socially, and emotionally.
- Creating art may boost young children's ability to analyse and problem-solve.
- As children manipulate a paintbrush or pencil, their fine motor skills improve.
- When children experiment with materials, they dabble in science.
- Most importantly, children feel good while they are creating, art helps boost self-confidence.
- Children who feel able to experiment and to make mistakes feel free to invent new ways of thinking and take risks which can extend well beyond the classroom.
Come back soon for more!
Click below for more information on our curriculum...